Thursday, October 18, 2012

THE LOOKING GLASS

THURSDAY! ALREADY???? Today is the last day of the Sunbelt Expo in Moultrie Ga. and last night this is the report from "The Cross" Ministry: Our missionaries in Moultrie at the Sunbelt Ag Expo report they have given out over 2,400 of the 4,000 crosses they took, and many people have promised to come back tomorrow to get one or more boxes to hand out in their own churches and communities. We pray that they continue to share crosses, as well as sharing Jesus, who took that symbol of shame and death, and made it a symbol of love, grace, and eternal life! The young people have really taken to coming in and asking for these little crosses, and folks , that is the foundation..and we sure need to re-enforce our foundation in our country at this time... HURRAY FOR GOD! Prayer Request: Please pray for Mr Frank Herron, 89, who is at home from a stay in the hosital for a breathing dis-order.. please pray for his continued improvement. THE LOOKING GLASS! That is what they called a mirror in the old times ,, people were astonished to see themselves,, Of course they had seen their reflection in water,but never this clear... what a startled person they were the first time they looked.. usually the question ,, is that me? Now , today , you see that reflection hundreds of times each day, either in the mirrors of home, car, or the windows along a street. I have one favorite in town, just to see my truck,, making sure it till looks good going down the road( ha! ) ,, childish, but I do! and you see that is not what we should be looking at all the time, but we do, and that is us, and what we want to see .... ... but do you stop and look and say with a passion, and truthfulness,,, is that me? Is this what everyone else is seeing,, not the reflection of the picture, but the person, yes the person!!! That is the reflection we need to be pursuing as we look,, what did they think of me,,, no ,,, what does HE, God think of me,,, what did I leave,,, up to right now, and what am I going to leave ..... as a reflection of my life... is it one that I would not mind being "played" in public? Well, one day it is,, so if you are not satisfied with what you see,,,,inside of that reflection,,, then, folks,,,, IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE, real change, and no pun intended,, but not obama change,, I mean REAL CHANGE, FROM SIN,,, TO GOD! Now , what you see is you, and it is your choice to stay with that reflection or change , yes your choice! Choices are hard in this day, but once you decide to come to Jesus, if you have not, or if you have,, and have strayed,, it is easy,,,, for all you have to do,,, is call out to Him,and POW!,,,, He is at your side, no putting you on hold, nor waiting a day or two, but instant,,, BUT, you must make the change, so do it once more, look into your "looking glass" of life,,,,and REALLY LOOK,, AND REALLY SEE YOUR "LEAVING" REFLECTION, now answer , yes I am happy at what I see,,,, or no I am not! God, today, I pray for real "change " within this world, and that "change " is towards You, and those who need to change to You,, will make that choice today,, now... I also ask that you give the Missionaries traveling back today from Moultrie , a safe and great trip, as we all thank You for the sucess in the mission of "The Cross" Ministry... amen

No comments:

Post a Comment