Saturday, February 2, 2013

MINE EYES HAVE SEEN!

SATURDAY! Brrr! Cold down here in the south this morning,,, from shorts the other day to freezing today,, my old body just says to me,, this weather is kinda like getting old,,, your body changes every day, Ha!! BUT two things don't change, and that is waking up with my Lord at my side, right from the get go,, by request,, and a good hot cup of coffee,,, now folks, I think I can get by this little cold spell with that combination,, how about you all, especially the start of your day with the Lord at your side!? MINE EYES HAVE SEEN! Our eyes are of the blessings that we take for granted... for without them, we could only feel, taste, and imagine the surroundings that God has given us.. so be thankful for your sight. I am, for I have not only seen today,, yesterday , but I have seen generations and generations, yes I have seen the changes of this great nation, The United States of America, and I have seen the times when it was "UNITED", just because we were ALL AMERICANS, and by that, I mean , pride with out prejudice to being an American,,, our politicians were better, not perfect, well neither are you and I, but better! I have been privileged to see the honesty, the confidence in neighbors of being friends, and watching each other,, doors left open while outside, or even going to the "General Store",, and at night, just latching the screen door,, jobs were jobs of a lifetime, with the dreaming of retirement, and they did,,, and lived and laughed with the family that was still at work, for the families lived close to each other, so they could visit, without traveling 500 to 1000 miles just to "see" each other,, the atomic bomb brought into the picture, and that not enough to keep the peace, the nuclear bomb,, then space, then man in space,,, to the moon, and back, able to make bombs that not only destroys the enemy, but the world...still no real peace! yes,, and I have seen the coming of the cameras, the improved "brownie" from black and white, and with a flash, & then to the Polaroid, and then color, the digital,, the cell phone pictures , the I-Pods, from pick up phones of all parties, the eight party line, to hand held, with cameras, and even one on one talking to while seeing each other in the window.. the picture shows, from black and white to color,, to the equality of all men and women of our nation, no matter the color or origin of ones birth... Yes, these eyes have seen a lot,, some bad, but lots more good! I have seen Gods' Word, go global, by satellite,, to more nations than ever thought of ... and I have seen His word when it was at the top of the people of this nations agenda.. and I have seen it demise to the last thing on their agenda... this is what hurts these old eyes of mine,, for I close them, and reminisce of the times gone by, of honesty, faith and most of all the not only believing in God, but the worship of Him, daily, living Him , daily,,, and the children respecting their parents, no dope, not much crime in our neighborhoods, could wear a "hoody" without being a criminal , just happiness, and goodwill...what has happen, to the scenery of this era? Maybe ,there is more god-less, than Godly.. well , I ask that all, young and old, close their eyes, and pray to God, for this Nation, and our fellow citizens, that all come back to Him... and we can change it back to some degree, and that degree is a Nation Under God, by prayer, and example,, I ask you what do you see when YOU LOOK OUT ACROSS THIS WORLD , WITH YOUR EYES? Lord, I ask that You forgive this Nation, and re bless Her to stand for You, and You first, all else second, and that all eyes be opened before we are too late! amen John HIcks Maybe too long this day,, but ladies and gentlemen, this is what came to me, so read or delete, it is your choice, just as accepting Jesus, your choice,,so it is up to you, to see which direction you take!

No comments:

Post a Comment