Thursday, December 13, 2012

MAKING THE CONNECTION

THURSDAY! Good morning to all. I hope all have a great day and are blessed to your utter most! Prayer Request: Mike Russell, Phyllis Franklin's' uncle, who suffered a stroke last Saturday night, and is unable to swallow, and has no feeling in his right side... he is being feed with a tube,,and please all pray for him.. also pray for her Mom, Ruth "Mom" who is doing not so good, and Phyllis has to spend a great deal of time with taking care of her, one other thing, Phyllis, lost a close companion and love one, her cat Eddie Ann, and Phyliss and my grand-daughters were very, very close to this pet, and if you have lost one ,you will understand...so pray for them all. MAKING THE CONNECTION! Last night we found out our house phone was not working correctly...(and saying house phone to an old fellow like me is kinda unusual), but anyway, I was receiving e-mails, & calls on my cell phone, that their calls on that phone, were not working,,, and all of a sudden, I realized,, we have so many ways of communication, and when just one, that all of your love ones, close friends, are using, or at least are use to using, goes out, then pure panic... I called a friend of mine, who was in school , and works for the phone company, and he directed me through the cold night hours to re-wiring, testing, and we , together , ran down the problem and fixed it.. he was in his room, talking me through it, and I after gttin it done,, back in the house warming up, and saying for real,, " thank God for our friend".. who goes out of his way to help us, not only this time,, but lots of time... Now , to the point,, we , as "civilized man", are so concerned, and this includes me also,, with the ability to be able to keep the lines open, even if we do have more than one , two, three , four , etc. phones, or ways of communicating with each other,, why is it so hard to get down on our knees , bow our heads, and talk to God Almighty? We are so up on our I-phones , I pods, ways of old ,and ways of new,, to talk to each other, we forget to communicate with the One who gave it all to us, and we forget to just stop, and talk to Him,, not to just ask for something, but to just talk, you know like you and I... so today, I ask each of you ,, put down that phone, or what ever you are using, and just bow that head, and MAKE THE REAL CONNECTION, AT LEAST ONCE EVERYDAY, IF NOT MORE, FOR I NEED THE HELP ,,MORE THAN ONCE A DAY,, WILL YOU DO THIS? NOT FOR ME, BUT FOR YOURSELF! Lord, forgive me for not talking to you more, and putting more effort in maintaining man-made communications than bending my own knees to you, amen John HIcks Just saying, we need more communication, and more commitment to our Lord! Agree or not, but it is the truth, so you think about it , just long enough ,and then you will agree! Have a great day, and may God be with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment