Sunday, November 18, 2012

FOOTHOLD!

Thoughts For Today-Sunday-11/18/12 Show Details SUNDAY! Good morning to all, I hope all are having a great start of a great day! It is good to have a day to celebrate our God! He gave us six to do as we wish, the next one ,He rested and call it a rest day and for this , let us rest ans worship Him,, and thank Hi for all we have , for we know from which it all comes from! Right? While we are teaching our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about! We should at times listen, to them. CATCHING A "FOOT-HOLD"! What is a foot-hold? It is something that a person canstand on and be secure,,it can be climbing a mountain, a tree, a rope, or in the water...something you can comfortably stand on and know you are safe. Have you ever been swimming, and get in the deep part, get a little tired,,, feet are far from the bottom,, If you touch it , your head will be under water, you will not be able to breath. You quickly swim to the side, grab hold with your arms or you swim to shallow water, put your feet down for that " foothold"...If you are in a lake or a stream, and this happens you look for that "foothold",,,quickly,,,so you don't drown....this "foot-hold" becomes the most important thing,,, the center of your life, for without it, you are lost,,dead! How about when we are walking in the deep sea of sin? We walk, and we are constantly going into deeper,,deeper sin,,,we are going over our head and it spells sure death,,,,we are looking feverishly for that "foot-hold" of salvation and life!!! Reach your foot out ,, you just can't find a foot-hold, it seems as if it is close , but just out of reach,,, then you raise your head toward the heavens, cry out with a scream,Lord, Lord, help, me, forgive me of my sins,,, I want you and I accept you as my Lord of Redemption and Salvation,,I give you my all,,,please accept me into your fold,,, save me,,,save me,,,,all of a sudden,,you feel the solid pressure on your foot as you become stable , no more sinking,,,but the feeling of rising above this sea of sin and satan....yes,,,He answers just that quick, for He is watching and waiting to pull you to safety.....yes,, you have just found the FOOTHOLD,,,FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!! Praise Him from where it all comes!!!! Lord , thank You for hold us all in the palm of your hand, and keeping us out of the sea of sin,,,with a foothold that is eternal of You. amen John HIcks Holding to my "foothold" of the "Cross",, my Jesus, where do you have your "foothold" placed,, a solid hold, or just sinking, grab His hand, Jesus wants you now, don't drown in sin, you don't have to, He wants you,, call out now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment