Monday, August 6, 2012

Walking!

Thoughts For Today-Monday-08/06/12

MONDAY! Waking up with a big smile on my face,, for here I awake this day, just a peasant, not rich in money, land, nor material things, but waking up as rich as any king ever has! ,, For I brag this morning! As I opened my eyes, I had this realization hit me, as it does so many times,,,, I not only slept with Jesus by me side, but as I awoke, WOW! There He was,, getting up also.. and I realized as I walked to that , yes you know, that ole coffee pot.. I had the biggest smile on my face, for as I walked down that hall-way,, I knew who was right behind me,, going to that pot with me,,, my Jesus, with a smile bigger than mine! Thank You God, for sharing Your Son with me and the world!!!

AS I WALKED , AS A BOY OF TWELVE!

Yes, it was on a Monday,,, in the country ,,,in a little place in North Alabama,, I got up , summer time, put on my overalls.. hooked them up with no shirt, no shoes, we went bare-footed in the summer,, and all summer, except on Sunday or if we were lucky, and went to town,,, concrete and bare-feet,, just does not mix! Back to that arising,,, I went in to the kitchen, smiling as above, and their was Mama,,already up, breakfast ready,, and wow, did I eat, for this morning my heart was so light... then after chores, I went walking down the drive way,, dirt of course, as was all the roads were then .... I could look back and see the footprints I was leaving,, and was amazed as I walked how they looked, then running , how they changed,,, slide to a stop, and then , ha,, they changed again,,, This was so amazing,, and I ran into the woods, across a small stream,, looked back and I could see my footprints, as they were coming out of the stream and up the bank,,, I stopped, and thought of something most twelve year olds' don't think about,,, I thought of what that preacher had said about Jesus leaving footprints, and we should follow them.. well, was I ?
I walked very slowly, and pondered in my heart and mind, yes,, I was following,, my Moms' , my Dads', my Brothers' and Sisters', and yes, most of all my Jesus,, and as I wandered on through that day, and till now, I have left some footprints,, some good, some bad, but I pray, more good, than bad,, lots have followed,,, some have turned away, on there own, or a different road altogether, but with words from me, as from that preacher that Sunday,, before that Monday, for I had walked the asile of Freedom, right into the waiting arms of my Jesus, that Sunday morning, before that walk on that Monday,,, at 70,,

I AM STILL WAKING, WITH MY JESUS, WALKING , LEAVING FOOTPRINTS,, TOGETHER, AND SO IS HE , FOR HE NEVER LEFT ME,, AND IS STILL IS AT MY SIDE, SMILING, AND I TELL HIM ,,,,THANK YOU MY JESUS,,,, FOR MY LIFE!

WHO ARE YOU WAKING WITH, AND WHO DO YOU WALK WITH,, THIS DAY, AND EVERYDAY?

God, thank You for Jesus ,and the saving power from the decision,,, to forever! amen

John HIcks
I would not have been here today,, without my Jesus sticking by me all these years,,, and yes I made the choice to ask Him in,, and I ask you again, and again,, have you? Really, or are you just a "one day wonder", wondering, what the day will bring? With Jesus you already know, and that is Salvation! Choice, , Choice!!! Yours, and yours alone!!! And yes, this coffeee is soooo goood!

No comments:

Post a Comment