Sunday, August 19, 2012

AS I LISTENED!

SUNDAY! As I sit in this room, this morning , I can hear the rain falling outside, and I think,, I water my flowers, and yet I forget sometimes,,,but God is always there, watering His world,, cleaning the air , that we pollute, with the industry, cars.. etc..but He comes through, and cleans it ,,and when I go outside this morning with , yes coffee cup in hand, I will stop , again, and say , God, thank You for the rain... and all I have here on your green earth!
Will you join me in this "thank You, to God this morning,, as everyday is his,, but this is the one He set aside, to rest, so while He leans back on that mighty Throne, I again , say,, thank you , my God! !!

Prayer Request: For Tom Myers, who has been moved to a "Nursing Home", to continue to receive antibiotics,, please pray for Tom and His wife, as the doctors continue to minister to him, and hunt the cure!

AS I LISTENED!

You have probably had your mother, father,, teacher, coach,, call out to you,, "I am talking to you! Yes you! Are you listening"? As a child, you could drive your elders crazy with that look.. the one of you starring into space as they told you something to do, or when correcting you... it was as if you were not listening, but indeed ,,, you were, sub-consciously!!
I think it was just a way for us to drive our parents or whoever was in charge ,,crazy. But listen? Indeed we did listen! For most of us listened,,, and we heeded, we learned from those who were so smart,, the ones that we didn't think, at the time , knew left from right. Ha! We were the superior, no matter we were from 5 to 16 years old,, we were , "just smarter".. Until,,, that message they were giving us,, finally came through loud and clear,, we finally heard it,, at the age of ????(what, but we heard)!
Yes , we heard then, we heeded then, and when we really thought about what they had been saying to us, then, bamn!,,,,, we finally knew ,,just how smart they were!!!!
We not only learned at a latter age, just how smart they were,, but they were keen as a fox... they were our future, they were our mentors. they were our link to life itself, that of and to our God, they were our salvation!
They were the ones who put us in a place , at some time or another, so we could hear the message from God, and His plan of salvation for each of us..
Yes,, they were that smart. They taught, even when we were in that daze, they were teaching,,, and we listened to them , and when the time came, we heard the call from God to join Him, and accept His Son, Jesus Christ as our personal savior.. and we did.
Now,,, we utter those words from out fathers , mothers, who carried us with every word of faith, and direction to the Lord, and taught them over and over to us, we must continue to teach, pass on,, also!
Yes , we turned out good , for even though we had our heads turned away, our eyes starring into space,, when they both talked to us, our parents, and our Lord God,, we heard them all, their words of hope and inspiration,,,, and I pray that those we are talking to, will be able to say one day,, just as we did.......

YES ,, WE INDEED,,, DID LISTEN, to them,,,, our parents, and our God!

Lord, thank You for giving our parents the knowledge of the word to tell us of You.. and You calling out to us in a voice that we heard, and accepting that invitation to Jesus as our Savior.. amen

John HIcks
I reckon I had the hardest ear-drums of any kid I ever knew, and the toughest butt also,, I received a lot of my messages,,, first by the ear, then by the stick(more by the stick than the ear), but the ear received much better,, after the stick, you see even then they knew how to make me stand up and listen, Ha! You did notice the stand up part? ..... Listen to Him , for when He calls, you must make the choice, not anyone else , but you,, think about it,, and make it ,,,, now, LISTEN? Have you heard the call from the Master yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment