Thursday, June 21, 2012

A SHEEP OR A GOAT!

THURSDAY- I awoke just a little later this morning than most... and I amber-ed to the kitchen, I found my coffee was already hissing,and boiling through the coffee maker,,(my wife had beat me up this day,and had it already going) and the aroma was , to me,, soooo mouth-watering.. but I had to wait, for I had other things to do first, before I could taste the goodness of that aroma, taking my blood sugar, my vitamins, and my one medication of the morning, something I had to do first... but I did, then the first cup,,completion,,, delight!!! Then I thought of my Lord,, the law that He gave us, the direction to go, before we could savor His "coffee" to us, what we should do first, by glorifying Him, first, then savoring our own desires,, we must do what is necessary,,, first for Him, then us! We must wait and travel the path to savor now , and later in eternity.. and to think , a cup of coffee made me think of these things,, is He not in all we do, and all we think, if we will just listen? How was your coffee, orange juice, or what-ever you woke up to... did you hear anything?

This morning,, I want to share with you these thoughts from Ruth Graham,, & ask, as you read , think of the above also,, the gift of hearing, and the gift of receiving Him,, and see if they both,,, together, fit into your life...

Sheep and Goats by Ruth Bell Graham

Those who have affected my life most deeply for good have seldom, if ever, been aware of the fact. On the other hand, people who think themselves a blessing seldom are.
Jesus told us in Matthew 25 that at the final judgment, He will separate the people one from another, as a shepherd would divide sheep and goats, sending the sheep to the right and the goats to the left.
“Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance,” He will say to the sheep. “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, … I was a stranger and you invited me in, … I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me” (Matthew 25:34-36, NIV).
But to the goats He will say the opposite, commanding, “Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels” (Matthew 25:41). The goats will have ignored His every need, which, He explained, are the needs of the least of His brethren.
Those who minister to His needs are as unaware of their goodness and kindness as those who are indifferent are unaware of their indifference.

Where do you stand?

Lord, Thank You for giving us the mind to use to bring you,,, before us at the times you desire for us to receive a message, and that when you send this message, all who need,,, will hear. amen

John HIcks,, enough for this day,, have a great and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment