Monday, May 7, 2012

MONDAY! Open those eyelids to a whole new day, and new week! The way to start off this day, and insure it is a good one, is to start with an invitation to put a smile on all you meet, and just how do you do this? By giving one first! Have a great God's day!

COMING BACK HOME!

I have always heard , "Once you leave home, you can never "really" come home again. " I left the old farm in 1960 to go live with my Uncle Sam...and if I could have gotten out of that basic training , and away from my "best friend " , the drill Sergeant ,, I would have come home, and been thankful, I was there, and I would never felt like I had left! But , after a few months, yes , things did change... "home" was never quite the same! Oh yes, how was it that I got a Sergeant that was my "best friend"? If you were ever in the service, or saw some real basic training, you would know, so how? He told me so! and also taught me a lot of new words , I just thought I knew them all...ha, but that is a whole "nother" story!
Now after I had lived away from home for a year, then 10 , then more, I would go home, but it never, ever felt like it did before I got on that bus on that day of August 30th ,1960... It was home, and although there was my Mother, and my Father ,, waiting for me, then for me and my family, arms open wide, love abounding, and home with my parents, but not home,,as it was.. it is just a fact!
We had Homecoming at our church yesterday, and I got to see some old friends from a while back. We had a great "re-union" of about an hour or two,, then off to our home, and I thought,, we all had tried to come back home together,, and it just was not quite the same there either,,,for there,, even things had changed since we were all together. back then, , but I wondered , why did he or she ever leave,, and had all kinds of reasons..none that made a difference, for just like on that Alabama farm.. home , almost, but not quite there! We all leave our parents ,, at some time, we are so happy to get away, our parents are so sad to see us go,, and then , reverse, they are so happy to see us return, and we are so sad,, that all is not exactly like it was when we left.....We all have made new homes, ours , somewhere, just not there.... sad, but true!
Now,, for where is this leading, ? There is one HOME, that we can go to , once we have made the call, that will never ever change, and that is Heaven! Our Heavenly father will be happy to see us, our Savior Jesus will be happy to see us, and all who have gone before us will be happy to see us, and we will finally be happy, that we are truly, truly, at home ...No tears, but those of joy, hugs of all for we will have the time, and this home, we will never have to leave.. it will be permanent,, and I pray that all have made that "call" , mentioned above, so that you all go to this HOME , that I am talking about,, so , yes

THERE IS ONE HOME, THAT WE ALL CAN GO TO, AND FEEL ,,FEEL REALLY AT HOME!

God, thank you for our home with you,, amen

John HIcks
Made my reservations on that gospel train,, have you? Make them now. for it is a choice, that only YOU can make,,, no one else can do it for you. so do it now, don't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment