Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BEFORE WE START!

WEDNESDAY! Good ole "hump day"! I hope you have climbed to the top, with dignity, and will slide forward & down with even more dignity, and while you are sliding, and planning your W.E., please plan, as you slide, and also into your week-end, to take the Lord God, the "planner" of all things, and "planner" of the best of times,, with you! He can sure make it a great slide, and a great W.E.,, so slide, folks slide, and have a great time!

Prayer Requests From My Good Friend Lori:
Lindie, who is having pain due to a blood clotting issue.

Virgina A. (a sweet older lady) is having serious operation on her ankle, on June 6th, and has asked for prayer for this operation.

Tara, a very precious lady , who has Lyme disease, please pray for her continued improvement..


BEFORE WE START!

Monday, I had an invitation to do something, that I just really am still having heart pumping excitement ,of and that invitation that stirred a memory of mine, of a dear friend and a pastor, that worked for the William Carter Co. until his first retirement.
His name , Clifford, was a hard worker, and being a pastor, was not outspoken, but you heard his opinion!, and you heard it,,, with a clear and distinct voice.
I had been raised to always treat all people with respect, but a pastor, well , He got the extra treatment of respect! Clifford , endured much , much cursing , acts of
un-kindness stated to him and his conviction, but you had to know, Clifford ,for well, yes he did endure, and when he retired, we gave him a real send off, a great party , for I felt like he really deserved it!
Well , I am rambling to a sort, for memories are hard to let go... but after retirement ,Clifford came to see me at work, and told me this, he said "John, I have a job with a cabinet maker, I just could not retire(I know that feeling), and it is the best job I have ever had, and did not know they had jobs like this... believe it or not, before we go to work, the boss gathers us around, and says , "let us start our day thanking our God for these jobs , and for this business, and then we are all invited for a short prayer of our own, and the boss says, that he has always included God in his business." Now , that is a USA business, Right!
Now for the invitation that triggered this memory! While Libby and I was at Gary's Advertisement Business,(To The Max), picking up some crosses, Gary asked me a question, "Hey, we are (he and two of his workers for the day) are about to have our prayer of "start of business day", will you join us?,,, and we did,, well it was something that this country was built on, and and you know it is something that to this day that God smiles on! don't you wish,,, that every business in America would do this also,,

BEFORE THEY START THEIR BUSINESS DAY!

Lord, thank you for Gary's reminder to me , and reminder to you who reads this piece , just who does run the business sector of this country, You, and only You,, amen

John HIcks
Yes, now as I walk in to "Gods' Cross Factory", I too will stop and give Him Thanks for it all , also...Will you as you start your day, enter into where you work, stop, say a prayer of thanks , even if it is low, for He can hear, but let it be done,, for Him, who gives it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment