Tuesday, May 22, 2012

LISTEN, LISTEN!

TUESDAY! As I a'rose this morning(at 4:00 a.m.from too much recliner sleep, ha! ),, as I was making coffee, I stopped to hear , nothing! Yes , nothing. Complete silence, not even the fridge running, just silence....I then thought, how God works His world, how He made it for us, just humans to live in it and "run" it for Him..over all other creations of life,,,,
Yes this world has come a long way, for I remember my grandmother telling me and my brother, when we would want to go somewhere at night.. that night was made by God for us to rest and sleep! We would say, then why do we have headlights, she would just say , "man made". Well , now we have industry that runs rapid, day and night, even on Sunday, no rest time, no rest day! There is no place, that something is not making sounds,,,
Wow! We sure have made a mess of things here,, to much consideration on that almighty dollar! Maybe we should back up, and if you can find a place like I did this morning, wake up to a "night moment", and live just that precious moment, listening, yes listening to God's silence, not made in China, nor the USA, but made by God, for us. Now , if you do this, and you get to experience it, if just for a few moments, and you can make your mind slow down, thank about God, instead of yourself, (and we all find this very hard to do..stop blowing our own horn,) but listen to...... to nothing, just the quiet of God, just for us, yes , you and I.. how about that, anything else made that is that big, for you? Listen closely, smile and enjoy the moment , for " MAN" will close the "moment" fast..... so listen to the "nothing", enjoy, enjoy, somethng from God to you!

Lord , thank You for this "moment " of You, as I awoke for another day of rush rush, and why? I don't really know, but you gave me a gift of silence , for a "moment", and I thank You for it. May you have mercy on us for,, saht we have done to Your world, while we worked for ourselves , instead of focusing on the job, sent here by You , to do. amen

John HIcks
Just a little different this morning, as you never know what God will put in your fingers to write, until He does it!
That statement is up to you to agree or dis-agree, but I believe, and in Him only!

No comments:

Post a Comment