Tuesday, August 16, 2011

TIME TO GROW THE GRASS!

TUESDAY! Today , back about work! Yesterday was spent just messing around! Doing exactly nothing! Thank You God for giving me the mind to take a day, enjoy Your surrounding, visit, play, sit back, enjoy family.. do crazy things...like watch the ole house here in town being torn down, with a lot of the city folks watching the bats , thousands come out... been a long time seeing a sight like that... silly? No ,, educating, and visitation of ole friends, lots of laughs, loads of fun! What a close to a perfect day! How was yours. on this last Monday?



Prayer Request, and report: Monday-From Bo Story's mother: "While holding Mommy and Daddy's hand, surrounded by family, and enveloped in love, Bo peacefully leaped into the arms of Jesus at 2:12 pm." God , put your arms around this family also, and hold them dear, and wipe the tears of hurt from them.

Walker Stevens is home and doing good.. talked to Mother last night... this is great news.



TIME TO GROW THE GRASS!



Today is a lesson I learned from my brother-in-law, who was like a brother to me... It was simple , and I listened, digested it,, and never did I worry over this item again,, nor did I ever forget this story. I have told this story all over my travels.. to my siblings.. and just to my youngest yesterday... and she had heard it..for the first time.. I think about this from time to time. and think of what a great piece of advice it was, is, and thankful to God and to G.T. Sanders,,, for it.

One Christmas day , my son, John, and my daughter, Terri , got a go cart.. well of all the excitement and the look on their faces.. it was over-all worth the cranking, the chain replacing, the "air -up the tires", the call of the nephew, Marty to fix it ,, not once but more than "not "times, he had to come , just to start it...... that 'go cart" stayed in the family until junk time by my great nephews.. so you can see this was "the Go Cart".

Now to the story at hand,,, John and Terri,, taking turns driving,, had made them a race track around the side and back of the house... and have you ever seen where they turn the curves? Well, at each corner,, was a hole,, and when it rained,, it was a "mud-hole",,,, trust me, a "mud-hole", as big as that darn ole go cart! I would go look at it,, try to re-direct them, but no,,,,this was "the route",, and when my back was turned,, right back to the ole track, and round and round,, wow! am I glad gas was not as high as it is now.. for you can-not imagine, just how much one of those little things, can use up in a coarse of a day, unless you have one or two little ones to take turns, driving it.. and on these turns... no fear of turning over... "give it more gas John" or "come on Terri, more gas",, was the warriors cry from these two "thank they are" NA-SCAR DRIVERS.... at that tender age.... WELL,,, old pops was out there daily,, trying to throw dirt, back into the holes,, as they smiled and threw it right back out.. then came the relief!

G.T.... as he and I talked about those holes, and all that grass being dug out and up.... and he listened as I gripped... Then He said it,, in that you had to know him, G.T. voice...."Johnny(that is what he called me),, there will be plenty of time to watch the grass grow, and look at it"... " the time of watching it being torn up will not last long enough"... well folks,, from then on , I watched my kids grow up! Wow! What would I have missed, except for these great words of advice from an older brother?

The next time you have some time on your hands,, you think about this saying.. put it in your mind, and your heart... if you are still young with young kids... and if you are as old as I am,, think of just how true it is.... for as I walk about my yard,, I do watch the grass, and I think with a smile, look from my heart's mind, at the kids in that Go Cart... , just how big those holes were,, but most of all,, I do look and say to my self,, now just where were those holes, and realizing that



MY GRASS WAS GROWING, DEEP WITH THOSE OLE MUD HOLES,,,

And TIME STILL ROLLS ON!



I want to say,, I thank this saying should be in the Congressional archives for others to find and read, and should be taught to our young parents for raising their children, for what better way of saying just how precious they are, than that saying.. "There is plenty of time to watch the grass grow......" Thank you my brother for all you did for me... you are very much loved...



God,, May you send others to others with this type of advice ,, so that the families of this nation be raised under You.. as this family was.. amen



John HIcks

No other words needed this very morning,, it has all been said of a great man!





















No comments:

Post a Comment