Friday, December 27, 2013

FRIDAY! TGIF-Back to usual? I hope not,, I hope that the experience of the birth of our Savior has taken on a new meaning to all... a meaning of ,, "there is hope for this country", why ? For we just celebrated it, and if you celebrated it as the day of the Birth of Jesus Christ, then you have two things, faith, and Jesus,, and that is the only hope of this country! WHAT DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS? Christmas is a season when we give gifts to those we love. Like the three wise men of old too we each hope to find the perfect gift to express our love. As I look back on all the perfect gifts that I have gotten over the years, however, I have noticed that none of them came wrapped in paper or were put under a tree. Still, each of them found a forever home in my heart. My Mom,, gave me the forever gifts of her big, strong hugs and soft, gentle kisses, & her sweet smile, twinkling eyes, and joyful laughter, were gifts which lit up my life for so many years. My Dad, gave me the gifts of his love, and his wisdom and common sense,, even though I didn’t always use them. My brothers gave me the gift of time. My sisters were there to hold their little brothers hand,, and although I was the youngest of seven,, they always made the time to play with their “little brother.” My first dog gave me the gift of unconditional love and loyalty. A beautiful little girl gave me the gift of my first kiss which made me tingle from head to toe. My wife gave me forever love, and my children,, and my children gave me the gifts of tiny arms wrapped around my neck and “I love you Daddy” whispered in my ear, and they remain in my heart for-ever & now my grandchildren continue the saga of the hugs, and little whispers, I love you P-Pappa or Paw Paw,,, and my little dog, Pug, gives me unconditional love, each time he sees me. So many beautiful souls blessed me with the gift of their friendship. I also got gifts in the smiles of strangers, and of neighbors, and the kind words from people all over the world who had read my writings. Each one of them was precious. Each one of them was eternal. Not a single one of these forever gifts could be bought in a store. They all had to be given from the heart. They won’t break, rust, or rot either. Instead I will carry them in my soul all through this life and into the next. Every day of the year, give your own forever gifts to those you love. This life you are given is God’s gift to you, and how you live it, is your gift to God. John HIcks The celebration continues ,,, how about you?,,, for these gifts are forever,, more than the stamps you buy ,,, ours goes even further of forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment