Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A TRUE LOVE STORY!

WEDNESDAY! Hump day! How is your climb going? Are you sure you are ready to start your slide to the week-end? Have you prepared yourself ,, for sure? Have you had your slide sanded to smooth, or are there a few splinters left,, like a little of satan and not enough of God? Better a smoothie,, nice and cool, soooo,, take the satan completely out,, then have a nice splinter free slide, right into the W/E!!!

A TRUE LOVE STORY!

We all fall in love with someone in our lifetime, how long it lasts,, we don't know, we just have to live it the best we can. We can try all kinds of things, gifts, trips,, money,, but the only thing that will last is love.. without it, there is no love story!
I want to tell the story ending of the greatest love story I have ever witnessed.. some of you probably have witnessed one of your own.. Well here goes,, maybe long , maybe not. When my father(Mahlon) was sick and on his death bed, my mother(Lilla) was always at his bedside,, with the strength of no one I had ever seen.. Dad had a strong "constitution", just when we thought he was going, and he would be in and out of the hospital,, he would gain a little strength,, come home,, then go down, and back in the hospital.. I would go by on my way to and from work,, and my mom would go to the sun room for just a short while , and I would set with my Dad,, They had given up housekeeping in Alabama, and moved in with my sister here in Georgia. My Mom, called me at work, said this is it, come quick, I worked far off , 54 miles,, and I rushed to my sisters' house, and as I drove up, I saw the ambulance, and police, I knew , I was too late.. as I walked into the house,, I found my Mom in the den.. she was crying, but not with total abandonment.. After the hugs of endearment to each other..
Mom said,, "let me tell you how your Daddy died.."
She said as I looked down on him,, I told him, "I loved you Mahlon, so very much!".. My dad smiled, squeeze my moms hand, then said with a light voice,, "Lilia , I love you very , very much",, smiled a little bigger, and exhaled to meet his Savior.. I always thought , how great it is to be able to say our good byes like that! It is a wonderful thing, and I believe that God was right there holding both of them at the time, for both were great Christians..
My Dad knew this time,, no fighting back, just saying his goodbyes, and going on that final trip, Mom knowing also.. and my finally to you all,, are we as ready as my dad? Have we secured that trip, the knowing with a big smile right now , not at the end , but now, that we are headed to Gods' Heaven, and not to hell? Have we secured and are we living with God NOW? Are we living in

A TRUE LOVE STORY,, WITH OUR GOD?

God, thank You for my parents, and thank You for taking them, may you have the same mercy on all of us, and open the gates of Heaven for us all at our time. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment