Thursday, June 24, 2010

GODS' WINGS

Thursday-Welcome to one of Gods' days... made for us all,,, to be enjoyed to he utmost, with an excitement of our largest desires,, but to do so,,, with reverence to Him!

Group Prayer: Let's all pray that God will give a solution to the oil spill in the Gulf, and the poor wildlife can escape the perils of man..

GODS WINGS!

After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage. One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes , perched statuesquely on the ground at the base of a tree. Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick. When he gently struck it ,,three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings. The loving mother keenly aware of impending disaster , had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings, instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise. She could have flown to safety , but had refused to abandon her babies.Then the blaze had arrived and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother had remained steadfast, because she had been willing to die, so those under the cover of her wings would live!!!

"HE WILL COVER YOU WITH HIS FEATHERS, AND UNDER HIS WINGS YOU WILL FIND REFUGE!"
(Psalm 91:4)

God, thank You for showing us real life examples of how You have sent us Your word of safety under Your wings,, there, for all of us to gather, without worry, nor harm, from the hottest of fires,,, ever.. amen

John HIcks
This morning I awoke with the wanting of something to write about ,,, nothing in my mind,, I prayed as I fixed my first cup of coffee.. pondered,, Lord,, what will I send out today.. help, I can not come up with anything... then to the computer... I looked at my e-mail as I aways do for requests,, and there was this e-mail,,, and I was drawn by the example so great, I knew that this was also a sign to send this out to all... thanks from Lori for sending me this story..
Can you see this mother with her burned wings and body covering these chicks,, then imagine our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,,, with wings(arms) outstretched on that Cross on Calvary!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment