Thursday, February 2, 2012

THE BRIDGE

THURSDAY! Welcome to another one of God's great and wonderful days.. made just for you and I! This is real love ,, I mean REAL love! Have a great day!


THE BRIDGE!

Today, you are climbing a mountain, it is a very high mountain,, kind of shale rock on the side,, like when you walk , you slide a little, and you can feel the dirt slide over , and into your sneakers, but you must get to the top and on to the other side. Why? there is a "dirt fire" behind you. The ground , behind is smoldering, and you can see the heat and a little smoke coming out of it. It is getting closer to you as you climb! You take a step, feel the dirt slide ,just a little,,, It is bare, so nothing to hold on to..but you bend, with hands touching to help you hold your balance, and you climb, looking back every once in a while,, the heat is getting closer,,, you are closer to being burn alive, so you dig deeper with your feet, and hands..climb, climb! Don't stop! You can see the top..almost there! Now , you are going over the top! Now , the top, and there is a plain, no trees..same dirt type,,, more sandy, but warm...so the heat, it is still following , getting a little closer, so you start walking , a little fast...then faster,, then a slow run,,got to get away,, don' t want to get burned alive! THEN....I see it,, a gap in the land... it is 200 feet wide, and runs from left to right forever and ever...no end,,,no way around.. I stop.. look over, and I see boiling rock, and dirt! Smoke, and the smell of brimstone,, that sulfur smell.... I look around ,,, a big log,, I roll it to the edge,, and with all my might, I am able to pick it up and throw it over to the other side,,, and just as I do, the heat burns it up.. instantly,,, I am doomed. to die in fire and brimstone! I see this man walking toward me... I ask what do we do,,, He said "I am Jesus, Son of the Creator of all things. the God who made it all". "If you believe , and accept me, then I can save you...I will give you a bridge to the other side,,where there is no fire, and their is love and happiness for-ever." I said , "where will you get non-burning trees?",,He said "Have faith,, do you believe?",,,,
I said yes,, yes, for my feet were burning,,, and HE laid Himself across the gap.. and looked at me ,, said "Walk, I am your bridge to life,, I am yours... and you are mine, believe, and walk , I will hold you up!". I did, and when on the other side, as I walked in the cool, He was beside me ,holding my hand with a smile bigger than mine, and we walked "on the grass, and through the trees and the cool streams, forever and ever!

DO YOU HAVE YOUR BRIDGE THIS MORNING? IF NOT,,,DON'T WAIT,,, JUST REACH OUT AND GRAB HIS HAND,,,, HE WILL HOLD YOU UP....ALL THE WAY TO GLORY!

God, thank You for our "Bridge, Jesus",,, amen

John HIcks

No comments:

Post a Comment