Thursday, December 29, 2011

A HOST

THURSDAY! Open your eyes, blink once,, and see if you can see who was keeping you through the night,, yes sitting right beside you all night, with a hand upon you to make sure , YOU had a nice, relaxing sleep, and to protect and keep you through the night,, and now,, is bright eyed,, waiting on you, to walk with you,and protect you through His Fathers day.. yes, given to you by the Father.. are you ready, and do you feel real special,, I do! He just does that to people!

PRAYER REQUEST: For Haley Waites who is a 17 yr. old senior at Valdosta High School, in Valdosta, Ga. She went to ST. Judes yesterday, to start treatment on a brain stem tumor just recently discovered. Please all, pray and ask Jesus to heal her. Also her mother has recently lost their family business to very difficult circumstances and her daddy just passed away in May of this year. They need help that we can ask for and God can do in His mercy and graceful LOVE, ask God to put His hand upon each of them.

A HEAVENLY HOST!

I was watching a piece on T.V. that inspired me to write this .... I can also attest to the reality of the wonders of a young boy, back in that time and mine, of so little communicating with the outer world.
The preacher was telling this boy of about 10 of the Star, that shone so bright over the Shepperd's, and really over the world,, in the East that great night as our Savior was born. He told of the Multitude of the Heavenly Host, (with the Angel that bore the message of the birth,, that came down from Heaven) and the host of angels sang from the sky to the Shepperd's as they appeared to them.
The little boy asked this question,, "What is a host ?",, The preacher explained,, "A host is lots of people gathered together" The little boy asked ,, "How many was in this "Host of Angels" on that night?" The preacher said, "Millions of angels praising and saying,, "Glory to God in the highest and on earth , peace, good will toward men". The little boy was amazed and eyes so wide you could see within this picture, of this "Host of Angels".. He protrayed it as I envisioned all small ones, then doing the same.
Yes, this was a small actor.. but I remember being told this story , over and over, and even now, as I have seen millions in one place from a camera in the air.. it gives me "goose bumps" of this picture from Heaven on this one of Gods' most precious acts of kindness and love to us all,, the birth of His Son! I felt it when told at a young age,, when there was no satellites.. no Internet, no I-Pads.. none of this,, but I still could close my eyes and let the imagination of my mind, go wild,, of this picture of God at work... and the hearing of it, and the seeing of it in my tiny mind.. what a picture, what a song!
I wonder,, yes, I wonder ,, if by chance that the little ones of today,who know by ten years of age , what a host is.. I just wonder though, if they don't , as I did, and millions and millions of other boys and girls, and yes even gown ups, don't close their eyes and see this great picture also,,, of on that night,,, even today,, that great and glorious..

HEAVENLY HOST , OF ANGELS,,, PRAISING AND SINGING OF A SAVIOR , JUST BORN!

God, thank You for the way of closing our eyes, and seeing Your wonders.. and Lord , I ask a special prayer for those in the prayer request this morning. amen

John HIcks
Yes, close our eyes and see things of greatness ,, I can still, as an adult , close my eyes when reading the Bible, or telling a story from it, about our God, and our Savior, and see the events of what the words are describing ... can you get this deep into Him and His teaching.. It is not for just children, my friends , it is for us all,, so don't just blink,, close them for a moment, and see His wonders... as He will reveal them to you.. have a great day, and I pray ,, God be with you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment