Saturday, December 3, 2011

THE BULLY

SATURDAY! Now , you have made it to the week-end,, did you make good plans.. or just a week-end of shopping,, beating the crowd... then collapse at the end of the day? Me,, I think I will just look around the house, the yard,, maybe the shop,,, and thank God,, that I don't have to go out and fight it today. If you do,, be careful, keep a cool temper, when people bump you, push you, or cut you off... just say,, Lord , give me strength to keep on loving, and to keep smiling at them,, for who is watching besides you... all the little children, and let's not let some of their parents ruin their Christmas by swearing back... will you? Just for them, for they are still forming their adult opinion of how to act.. and whether you like it or not,, it is us.... that they are watching... so?

From the mouth of Christy Hicks:
HOME... Home... home... and so glad to be here!!!! but boy do I really feel the full effect of what has really happened to my body!!!! Thank you all for your prayers!!

THE BULLY!

Last night I watched Extreme Makeover, where Ty and his crew was more about , against "bulling", than building a house... and I was impressed of the kids that are bullied in this day.. It is awful of the hands I saw raised , when asked this question,,"Have you ever been bullied?" I saw more hands that said yes, about 80% of the classes asked.. Folks this is terrible,, and it needs to be fixed! Is this the way these bullies are raised.. some of the time.. it is,, some is the social ladder they are put on...
In my time there were a few big guys who bullied some,, and then we had our "bunch" ,, and this was in school and guess who.. not all but just six of the "lettered" football players... Now I was not one of these,, for I didn't have transportation from school to home,, and believe me it was too long a walk and not enough cars to hitch-hike( you still do that safely then also).. but I at that time could not stand a bully.. and I was built to re-taliate if need be, and those times did arise.. I am going to give you an example of how to stand up agains bullies,, and not have to have your children have to set in a lunch room with one of the staff.. teach your children to stand up and stand together... here goes one,, and Judy,, you will know who I am talking about... one warm day as I walked to the ag building,, I saw a group of people gathered in front of the gym... as I walked up I could see one of my "friends",, not run around ,but a friend... He had long hair , slicked back like Elvis.. those were the days.. the guys on the teams,, had crew cuts.. well yes, I had mine combed back also.. jeans and a t-shirt.. and these crew-cuts, had my "fiend Dickie" backed up to the top of the steps,, he had tears running down his cheeks,, and Dicky was not one to mess with also..but he was outnumbered and these guys was the bullies... and they had scissors,, going to hold him down and cut that hair... and they meant to do it.. well I just walked up,, beside him,, and spoke to him,, ask what's happening,, and after he told me they were going to cut his hair,, and folks this was taumatic back then,, I just turned, looked at these guys, and said fine, cut it!,, BUT first , cut mine,, for that is the only way you are going to get to him..well those six guys looked like someone had slapped them back to reality,, why, for there stood someone, that was not going to back down.. someone who was standing next to the boy with long slicked hair, and it was someone, they knew, would have more step up if a lick was passed,, and all of a sudden they realized,, they were out numbered,, for my friends had started to the steps,, and then I heard the laughter as they walked off.. and you know,, they never came back,, to me or to Dicky,, so teach your children , and go to a crowd when you see bulling going on... don't stand for it.. for in last night's episode,, a kid was pushed to hanging himself... don't let this happen to any more of our kids.. step up and stand next to them,, just as Jesus stood up , even to His death for you , and for me... let's show these bullies ,, just who they are messing with also.... let's break them up, and let the bullied know,, they have someone to talk to,, and stand with.. will you tell your kids this? I will,,, and stand I will..

AGAINST ALL BULLIES!

God , put a hold on these bullies in our schools, our job places. our lives, and let those bullied, live for the good You gave us all to enjoy.. amen

John HIcks
I can say no more this day,, for I am still amazed at the problem we have at our schools. from grade one to the last day of graduation.. we need to spread some Jesus sunshine on this problem.. yes we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment