Wednesday, January 19, 2011

LET'S TAKE A WALK!

Wednesday- Well, did all have a great "yesterday"? I hope you did, and I hope you do a double enjoyment of this one today!!! As you climb up to the top of that weekly "hump", that slide to the week-end, slow down, and instead of sliding so fast through the remainder , STOP!.... and ...

LET'S TAKE A WALK!

When is the last time you looked at the road that runs by your house? Looked at it ,, and walked on it? Not to regular, I would think,, and that truth,,, is based on me.. When I decide to go to the Post Office ,, or the General Store here,, I jump right in that ole red truck ,, give that ole key a turn,, crank her up,, and here I go,,driving that 1/8th of a mile, (now that's round trip..) and I usually drop by on the way back and visit with a friend of mine. I feel like it saves time going in that ole truck,, and it does. But,,, I see where I am missing a lot. Just the ability to be able to get out,, is one thing I take for granted... exercise of the heart is another,, stretching the muscles, ligaments,, tendons.. keeping that ole back straight,, also it is "mind clearing" to walk,, didn't know that? It is one of the best things to do to clear the mind of stress,, self pity! Pulls that new air in,, old air out. It is the one of the best times to talk to God,, and Jesus,, give thanks for all you have,,, ask forgiveness of your sins.(yes ,that is something that we all have too) As you walk,, swing your arms,, smile a lot(even if the pain of not exercising is cutting you in half), speak to neighbors(don't worry, they are saying the same thing ,, who is that nut, smiling like he owns the world? Like you, they don't know their neighbors either), and they will wave back,, Now you have made two people feel better, you and them! After a brisk walk around your community, feeling that new air reach down farther into your lungs, finding space that has not been used for a while,,, the instant tightening of the body,, and most of all ,, the overall good feeling within,, that is two things you feel,,, God,, and a clearer, more relaxed brain,, Now , go ahead, and put on the walking shoes, and you and Jesus

GO FOR A WALK!!!

Lord, thank You for walking with us as we go down the road of life. amen

John HIcks
Just walking along and clearing the mind,, wow, I just realized, I need about a two to three mile walk,,, what about you? Want to walk??? Walk in a group, fellowship,,, all of you,, with each other and God! Come on ,,let's walk right into Heaven, not race like the wind,,, let's enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment