Sunday, January 23, 2011

FAITH !

Sunday- As you awake this morning,,, stop, re-close your eyes,, just for a moment, say these few words,, Lord, thank You for this day, may it be another great beautiful day for me,, and will You please come with me again today and enjoy it with me? Now re-open your eyes ,, wow! How much brighter the day is already!

Prayer Request: For the family of 9 year old Eve Wilson,, who lost her life on Tuesday, after car accident last Monday. Her mother is in grave condition in the hospital.. please pray hard for this family.

FAITH

I have written about this word , many , many times. What stirred me again, was when I was driving home yesterday, and again this is an old story, but a true one, to me and to all who drive a car, or truck.
I was driving with my wife, coming home,, and as usual,, looking from right to left, doing a little day-dreaming as I drove,, we both were very quite, just enjoying the sunshine and the ride.. on a straight-way of the road,,, then all of a sudden! a "whoose"! Very loud "whoose" of wind turbulence against our truck, enough to rock it a little. What happen? A large pick up truck , not too much bigger than mine, had gotten real close to the middle line,, not over , but right at the line,, and I was not real far from it also.. and as we passed,,, I would say ,between mirrors,, 12 inches.. close,, yes real (big whoose) close for two vehicles , both going right at 60 mph.. this would be 120 mph head on collision, IF we had been twelve inches farther to the middle of either one,, or thank of this,, 6 inches of us both over to the middle.. wow!
What I am saying,, we can drive a large obstacle down the road ,, made by man, driven with the faith that all is gong to work proper,,, and that the other person meeting us is going to stay on his side of the road , not try to pass when we are in their way,,, or come around a curve at a high speed, and vary on our side of the road,, bam,,head on,, not good, and not to much of an out look! Yes , we can have that faith, each time we get in our vehicles,, enough sense to buckle up,,, anti-lock brakes, air bags, extra steel reinforcement,, steel banded tires,, yes we take all the precautions, except we cannot control the oncoming vehicle... we just have to have a great deal of faith , putting it in the hands of a fellow human being.. staying on that opposite side of that road,,, but!! Where is that faith in God? if we can have it in a human,, why not have more in God? no , we cannot even raise that of a mustard seed.. for if we did , we would see idiots out moving mountains right on top of us on that road.. or we would see a better nation..so,, I ask , as you realize what you are facing today on that road of life,, please make sure you have received the grace of Jesus Christ, before you get on that road of life, before you hear your "Whoose" of a close encounter or maybe hear nothing but a crash..
Join me now, as I bow my head and ask the Lord to be with me in all my travels, and that I know He will be with me, for I have that

FAITH IN MY GOD!

Lord, thank You for being our travel partner in all we do.. amen

John HIcks
Yes,, I feel God at all times in my life,, and so can you , if, you will stop ,, listen, and look around... try it..then just look in His direction and say ,,,thank You.. oh? You will know where to look.. I guarantee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment