Tuesday, November 26, 2013

TUESDAY! Welcome to ,,, another of HIS days', given to you and me, as a gift, so open it with love, and faith to the one who gave it, for He could just as easily kept it,,, instead of giving it! Thank You God, for my day! Now enjoy it,, and read below, and think hard and heavy about it!!! ESCALATOR! All of you have seen two escalators in a big department store, one going up, the other going down, side by side. Now I want you to picture this story,,, and then relate it to yourself..... You are an observer of this picture, and this conversation, and then you can ask yourself ,, just how would you handle it! First , you see the escalator go into slow motion.. there stands on the 'up escalator', a small child, and one of the parents, and the parent is holding the hand of the child..as they both are looking at the "down escalator"... on the down escalator is the other parent.. looking up at the child and the other parent... and the conversation goes as follows, the parent on the down elevator will be illustrated as the father, the one with the child will be illustrated as the mother for the story only: Child: Hey dad,, where are you going? Parent: I going to a place that you cannot go with me. Child: Why? Parent: You just can't go! Child: I don't undeerstand, you always said, we will always go everywhere together... Parent: I just can't go with you and mom ever, for I did not get a ticket. Child: You always buy three tickets,, I just don't understand, for Dad , I love you, and I want you with me and mom. Mom said we are going to a place of fun, love, and no worry.. why don't you wait to go where you are going and come with me? Parent: I can't , even though I love you so much also,, I didn't make the plans to get a ticket to go with you.. so I must go on this trip,, even if I don't like it now. Child: Why didn't you plan to go with us,, didn't you not have a chance? Parent: Yes, I had the chance, but I didn't take it.. now , for me there are no tickets left. Child: But I don't understand,, did it cost too much for all of us to go together? Parent: No, it did not cost anything for either trip, as far as money. Child: Then I do not understand, if you love me,, as mom said you did, why are you not with me and when will I ever see you again? Parent: I did not make the decision that your mom made , and you made at church that day, nor any day.. I choose to go a different way... and you cannot come with me, and I do love you, but I will never ever see you again!!! Child: Bye, bye Daddy,, I love you! and yes, the up escalator slowly creeped up into the sky, as the little child waved,, looking down,, and the down escalator slowly creeped down as the parent waved back at the little child.. both with a tear in their eyes.. and a heavy heart... and as you finish this little illustration.. think about it, and think hard about, and right now, this very instance ,,, if you do not know which escalator you are on, or your on the one going down,, then now, make peace with Jesus, and ask Him to accept you , give your all to Him... and then GRAB THE OTHER HAND OF THAT CHILD OF YOURS , ON THE UP ESCALATOR!!! God, I pray, all will ask for Your Son's hand, and take a step onto that up escalator,, the only one, and the only way to You..amen John HIcks I hope , and I pray, all realize just how important this is this morning,, and every time you see an escalator from now on, you will think of this.. and I pray that you made the decison to be on the Jesus, up escalator!

No comments:

Post a Comment