Sunday, March 20, 2011

GODS' GAS STATION

Sunday, welcome to this great day,, as all are...today, may your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you this morning, and all the days forward... by the taking of Jesus to your heart and all the places you go!


GOD'S GAS STATION (Filling Station)!

I was traveling down the road the other day,,and I pulled in to get some gas. It took me almost five minutes to decide how to operate the dang thing,, then I found out , I had to walk a half block to pay for what I had not even gotten yet, and the attendant even said ,, how much? They could talk,, and I said , "I don't know how much it will hold" so just fill it up!" The attendant said, "you have to give me the money for what you want first, then I can turn the pump on.",, Well I finally gave her $20 thinking that ought to fill me almost up.. well at $3.75 a gallon, it got me almost back to where she was sitting.. ha! Well that is about the way it works now..have a discount credit card or pay in advance, and as long as you hand them the money , they don't care what you do with the gas,, oh,, except putting it in a milk jug! By the way,,have you ever really seen anyone get arrested for putting any in a milk jug,,me neither!
Well,, here I go ,, still driving down the road,, and all of sudden I get this feeling that I am lost... I get the map out, can't see any land marks,, then I say,, well let me pull over here on the side of the road ,,looks like an old gas station of sorts.. I pull in, and lean back,, close my eyes, and say,, "oh Lord,, where am I,, I am lost, help me find my way." I open my eyes, and that old gas station is like new,,, bright and shinning,, with angels running all around my car, and around other peoples cars also... I see a sign up over me, that says,,, 0/gallon... I ask one of the angels who was cleaning my windshield,, who paid for the gas,, the angel said,, wait just one minute while I clean your windshield so you can see plainer, wow, there were angels not just cleaning my windshield, but was putting air in my tires,, checking the oil, and smiling, and saying welcome,, and then the angel said here comes the owner.. and I saw this figure of a man,, young, with a smile, arms swinging ever so even and gallantly, but I noticed his hands ,had something on them,, and then I could see more clearly out of that windshield,, it was scares of nail-holes in His hands,, and blood was still running out of those holes.... wow!!! On top of His hat was Service Attendant.. the "windshield angel" asked,, do you recognize the attendant... I said oh yes I do.. and the angel said,, well that is who pays for the gas around here,, and that is who told me to clean your windshield so you could see where you where.
Then the attendant said to me,,Now that you have seen,, may you know that I am still here ,, with the same ole "filling station" as always,, no changes, just giving you the service of my Father,, life eternal, at no charge,, for I have paid the way,, and filled you up,, with faith, love , and hope...You all come back again real soon!

Then I awoke from my closed eyes stance,, with wide open sight of where I was, where I was going, and who had just filled my tank of salvation for free,,, and who was sitting next to me in the car...

Have you been to an ole fashion "filling station" lately... just look to your right,, on the side over there, where ever you decide to pull over and call out,, "FILL ME UP , LORD", close your eyes, and watch the angels and the attendant come running!!!! For He was there then, and He is there right now also.. so call out, and see Him come to your window!

Thank You Lord for a message from a little ole remembrance of how it was. amen

John HIcks
Some times we think of how it was, but you know, He is still the same as when He was here,, it is just us ,,that has changed... By the way,, how many of you know what a "filling station" is anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment