Friday, October 21, 2011

WORRY

Good Morning Y'all!!! I talked to my Dad yesterday and they have given out around 400 crosses so far!! Praise God!!! Also, my Dad met a young man in Moultrie that really touched his heart! His name is David Chafin and he is facing a pre-diagnosis of Lupus!! Daddy said he thinks he is somewhere between 16-18 years of age and was really having a hard time and needed prayer!! Please lift David up in your prayers!!!

Since yesterday's post was long, I will make today's short and sweet :D
I am currently in a women's bible study group and really enjoying learning God's word and getting to fellowship with other Christian women! I would love to share something we have learned. One thing we learned was the definition of worry! I am sure you all do it. I am a pro at worrying!!!

Well here is the definition from Webster,
Worry (verb): a: to harass by tearing, biting, or snapping especially at the throat, b: to shake or pull at with the teeth a terrier worrying a rat>

After hearing this definition it brought a whole new light to worry for me!! How about you?? When you worry about something you literally tear it apart over and over like an animal tearing at it's dinner!! When you do this there is NO peace!! How could there be? And usually we worry because in truth we are just fearful! God doesn't want us to live in fear, but to trust in Him completely!! God promises us that tomorrow will take care of itself!!
One of my favorite Bible verses is:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."
~Proverbs 3:5

But do we really give up ALL of our worries to the Lord?? I learned in my women's group that NOTHING is too small to give up to God. That He desires for us to give him our troubles, to trust in HIM!! I encourage you to try and do this today!! If you are sitting in traffic and worried about getting to work on time, give it to God! If you are at work and your boss has put a huge load upon you and there in creeps in the worry, give it to God. If you are worried about a loved one dealing with an illness, give it to God!! Even the smallest things, if you are worried over getting the laundry done, give it to God!! Reach out to the Lord, pray to our precious Father!!! He wants his beloved to rely on Him and Him alone!!! And remember practice makes perfect!!!
I pray that you can give your worries to the Lord and "when you can no longer stand....KNEEL" (author unknown)!!!!

Love,
Dana
P.S. I apologize for the "Thoughts for Today" arriving to you later in the day. I am not an early riser like my Daddy, although Noah does get me up early most days :D

No comments:

Post a Comment