Friday, October 21, 2011

BEING A MOMMA

Good morning Y'all!!! This will be my last guest post on my Dad's "Thoughts for Today". I am sure y'all will be glad to hear that my Dad will be back this evening and writing for y'all tomorrow! They have encountered some not so fun weather while in Moultrie! I am praying that today will be nice and warm for them!
!
Becoming a momma has been the most amazing gift God has ever given me, next to Todd (my husband)! Noah is 17 months old now and it seems like overnight his language has exploded. He is picking up more and more words each day and anytime I say something he will mock me. It is cute most of the time, but when I show my bad self it is not so cute!! The other day I was getting onto our 4 lb Yorkshire terrier (Maggie) and giving her quite the scolding. When I was done and onto another chore I saw Noah doing exactly what I did to one of his toys! I was in awe as I saw myself through the eyes of a 17 month old. It wasn't pretty!! I could just imagine him doing the same thing to one of the other kids at nursery school in church and I was horrified!! Needless to say I am being very careful as to what I say and do around Noah. And I am glad that I have his innocence to remind me to stay down the right path and be more Christ-like!!

This experience has made me wonder who else is watching my actions. You know when you have had a horrible day and you realize you have to run by Wal-mart to get groceries before you get home. Oh how you dread that!!! While you are in there you run around with such a mad look on your face, maybe even miss saying hey to a friend, or impatiently grab at groceries and throw them in your cart. Who is watching you? After such a dreadful day you go to check out and the lines are longer than ever!! You can feel the frustration building up!! How dare that cashier take the time to actually talk to the customers, shouldn't she be working and getting these people out of here, so I can get home!!! Your thoughts have become so selfish even you cannot see that the person in front of you is in dire need of just a few kind words from the cashier!!

We all need to be more aware of our actions because remember the saying "actions speak louder than words"? What if there was a struggling new christian in the store and they remember you from church. They remember how joyful you were at church and then they see you all grumpy and full of "the world" at wal-mart. How could that affect their lives??

Or we could turn it around and say you are joyful and get to the check out and the cashier is meaner than mean!! I am sure we have all experienced this, where the cashier barely acknowledges us and acts as if we have just imprisoned her first born for eternity! Well, what if we decide to be more Christ-like? What if we say hello or how are you, first? What if we end it with God bless, or hope you have a better day? I wonder how that would affect her life??

In the end, it is all about choices and we can choose to let the world get to us or we can choose to be more like Jesus and rise above it all! I pray we can all learn to rise above it and be a good example to others!!!

Thank y'all so much for allowing me into your lives over the past few days! it has been a privilege and such a blessing!!!!!

Love,
Dana

P.S. Please add my friend's little girl, Ella, to your daily prayers. She was diagnosed with Leukemia a week ago. She is around 5 years old! My friend also has an older daughter and a 2 month old at home! I know she is struggling so please keep her, Kristin, in your prayers as well!! If you would like to hear her story you can go to:
http://livingstonlove.blogspot.com/2011/10/team-ella.html

No comments:

Post a Comment