Saturday, July 23, 2011

YES AND THEY GAVE THEIR ALL

Thoughts For Today-Saturday-07/23/11


SATURDAY- Hey, first day of your week-end, one more to go, and for those with jobs,, back to work! Plan well, enjoy well,, and then think,, while on the job,, enjoy well. Look at the people around you, instead of working with you, they could be in uniform , armed, no smiles, and if you don't do it right, and fast,, they have death on their faces.. so ...now enjoy the week-end, and thank God , you have a place that God has given to you to go back to, and go with freedom to stay or quit, and not die doing it! Think a bout it,, truth now, later ,,, well ???



Prayer Request: For a long ago friend of mine, Mike Turner.. who has a bleeding brain clot.. He is scheduled for probable surgery.. the VA has looked , and in charge of this,, with God.. Mike has served us at least three tours in Iran and Afghanistan. He is a Marine,, not an ex-marine, their is no such thing, he is a marine, that gave it his own,, and pray for this young man, and may God bless you Mike, my young friend, and your family as they stand by your side, and so does America,,, thank you Mike.



YES, AND THEY GAVE ALL THEY HAD!



You know, there are very few times when we see completely unselfish things. I have gotten to see my share, and each and every time I see it... I thank God , for Him, His gracious showing at the time, giving me encouragement, when I am at a low point of life..

This is a "happening " of the Cross Ministry,, which is showing me the great works of being un-selfish in what I am doing.. God has inspired me from the get go,,, believe it or not.. I know from some, it is a mystery of why.. well you must not have ever talked to God, and if you say you have not,,, then I pray that you will... Here goes my true story of two women, on a trip to where, I have no idea, where did they come from , the same, no idea as to where they were going, and names, none,, just two smiling faces, so full of energy,, about 35 to 40 years old. in a car , not new, not real old,, not a jalopy, but a pretty nice vehicle.. stopping in front of my shop.. looking,(both got out of their car), and as I stood there at the door watching them, they almost danced over to the cross rack of free crosses.. I watched as they looked at the garden, and just as if they were taking it with them, they swooped their arms in awe.. with big smiles and yes, giggles,, well, I opened the door,, instead of being alarmed as some are,,, they just did a little jump,, and smiling said " Are the cross maker?".. and I answered yes.. they picked up one each.. then one said , "How much can we give you for these crosses?" I said, "They are free,, we donate them to whoever,, no charge, for He did not charge a penny, but gave us His all." They both looked at each other, one opened her purse, got a dollar,, the other did the same... said "this is all we have now ,, we have enough gas to get to where we are going,, we are not hungry,, here take this for our crosses." I said "no!,, and I mean it!" Well, after a little of an argument,, they agreed, looked at each other , held their Cross up high, and almost danced to their car.. I had not seen this kind of excitement in a long time.. well back to cross building!

In a few days to follow, Perry Livingston came down to pick up a load of crosses to paint and distribute from Lovejoy... and as we finished loading his truck,, Perry was walking around and looking at my cross garden,, when he said,, "John , your garden is growing money!", I laughed. and said ,,"Yes, yes!",, Perry reached down , picked a dollar out of the edge of the mulch,, then picked another one out, and handed them to me.. I was in shock.. someone had left me two dollars. but they were not right together, one on one end, the other just a ways down from that one. but see-able..... then it hit, me,, I told Perry,, " I know where those two dollars came from... yes, it was from the girls,,



THEY GAVE THEIR ALL ,, RIGHT THERE,, IN PLAIN SIGHT!



and I would bet, they both were giggiling at the thought of me finding those two dollars , and how I would re-act,, what do you think?



God, I thank you for those two,, and the opportunity to wittness You at work , for this uplifted me, and I praise you for it, and I ask a specal blessing for these two , who gave to You ,, with no re-morse,, their all.. their last two dollars. amen



John HIcks

You know today,, you fill in the red,, and I ask for all of your prayers. that this deed that THE CROSS MINIISTRY , has undertaken will continue to give out crosses and give out the message it carries with it, and that all who know of it will support us, in what we do,, and do it "out-loud"! Thank you, you two ladies, whom I only have a memory of, but wow , what a memory!










Reply to:

Reply to john hicks

Send

No comments:

Post a Comment