Friday, July 22, 2011

EYES OPEN,,, UP,,,AND EVEN!

FRIDAY-TGFEDNJF- Yes, thank God for every day, not just Friday,, We tend to stay on ceremony,rather than rock the boat.. So Perry Livingtson started this with me,, TGED,, we should follow his example and not just make it on Friday, because of a week-end...for God gave you the jobs. so you can have the week-ends.. so it is a fact,, to get to these W/E's , thank him everyday for that job, for there are a lot of unemployed people that are having these days off,,, but not on purpose,,, let's pray that everyone will find work and then all can go back to the ole TGIF! How about it? Are you all for that?



EYES OPEN, UP AND EVEN!



Have you ever noticed that when you mention God, or Jesus,, how many people will lower there eyes, and their heads a little? This is outside of the church,, say in a store, with other people around,, I have mentioned the Cross Ministry, and how many crosses went out, and some of the things people have witnessed upon picking them up... and as I do, I watch the eyes,, the heads,, the step back, the shyest grins.. the almost a look of a wish,, why don't he say something about anything but God, and Jesus and those Crosses,, then a small glance to his right,, gosh there stands two or three of my "go to the games with , buddies".. what are they going to think ,, me over here with all this "GOD talk".. No, I can't read minds,, but I can read looks, and I get them all the time,, & I always , when finished,, look around, if in a crowd, or just one on one,,,,and say,, yes,, I never pass up a chance to praise God,, might not get another chance.

Just a note,, everything happens for a reason,, pipe broke in my shop,, water all in the back,, vacuum, dry out , cut out pipes, go get repair parts.. and as I got back home,, after a few extra minutes as usual with my moter mouth,,, still soaking wet with sweat, it was mighty hot in that little corner... 99 degrees outside,,, my wife was on the phone, and she said,, well he's back,, finally,, and I said , well, I got to wittiness to three people while I was gone... was that a plan? We just never know, do we.. for God is always working,, we are the lazy ones! Reason for this little story,, one of these stood tall, never lowered his eyes,, listened, and responded just as proud as I was and met me glance , face to face, smiled , and you could see that God was in this man! Wow,, I just wish all was like Him..proud, and not ashamed of it at all...

Let's all practice the eye level thing,,, even if we have to stoop to get to that level with someone.. what? You are not going to lower yourself in "Wal mart" ,, just to get eye level when talking about God.. oh, maybe you don't talk "God Talk" in Wally World!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,,



KEEP YOUR EYES LEVEL AND AIMED,, FOR THE LORD, ONLY LOWER YOURSELF, IF YOU HAVE TO STOOP!



Lord, thank You for all the ones,, whom CAN look us all right back in the eye, and I pray that those who can't, will turn and accept Jesus and be with us all.. amen



John HIcks

Yes, I am looking straight,and still talking the talk, and trying to just tell the old, old, story of my Lord , Jesus and try and get those lowered eyes just a little to the "Jesus Line Of View",, will you walk, and talk with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment