Tuesday, August 13, 2013

WAKING UP!

TUESDAY! As we slowly open our eyes this morning, and the light seeps into our eyes,, and our brain start to consciously work ,, an it says, time to get up, and get going, and we say ,,Oh no!!!! Why is it ,, we just want to roll over and go back to sleep?,,BUT on a holiday, or day off,, we can't go back to sleep...Ha!! Well, even the retired have this problem,, or at least I do...for after all those years of working,, I still have my habits.. up in the morning,,by 4 or 5.. sometimes till 6, but rare....habit over the years? Yes, and also proud to just be able to get up... What happened to all that we was taught,, from birth, to accountability, and up to now. of our Lord and Savior...of waking up from sleeping , with Him by our side, and starting our day of with a conversation with Him, personally, then at the table with our family? Did we follow through with Him, as we followed through with our jobs? Have we let these teachings of old,, fall to the way-side? Maybe we all need to look back, and re-start our waking days like our parents use to do, and the way they practiced the start, and the daily living of their lives... you know... those days of old, or as I call it THAT OLD TIME RELIGION!!!! Lord, I want to restart my day of wakening, and say, good morning Lord , first,, and then ,,, will you go with me today Lord, and inter-act in all I do? Lord , I do this request by love of You,, first and foremost. amen John HIcks Can you really pray that prayer ,,,,,and mean it.....from the heart, then actually practice with all you meet and talk to this day... and at the time to lay your head back on that pillow of sleep tonight ,, be able to say to the Lord, I did a great job, and thanks for being with me? Can you,, and will you,, the last part is what will get you there? Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment