Thursday, April 19, 2012

DAVID, AND GOLIATH

THURSDAY! Waking up late,, smelling my favorite,, coffee , brewed, waiting on me,, Wow! what a way to start the day.. for my blessings have started! First I awake, in good health, a loving home, loved by family, by friends, a car to go in, breakfast later... and all blessing given , even before I was awakened,, by who? The one who gave,,, was was standing beside me as I awoke, and knowing all of the above was from Him, with more love than I could give back! I utter these words humbles as one can get.... "Thank you God for this and all the mornings!" Who do you thank for your morning? Have a great God's day,,,,this day of His!

DAVID AND GOLIATH!

We all know of the story of how David slew the giant, Goliath,, with only a sling shot, and of course the most important weapon of all,,,GOD! Well ,here goes a story of the same.. but we replace the stone with?...... as you will read...you will find out!
David, (real name)_ travels some on jobs... He was in a Waffle House, north of Atlanta... He and three other men ,and three wait-tress' working there,, was all that was there... Someway the name of God came up in the men's' conversation, when one of the wait-tress' came to the table, made this statement,,"I and the other two girls, are atheists, we just don't believe in your God!" The other two was listening, and concurred to these men with smiles on their face. David, looked and told them a little about God, but to no avail..Then David told the to all... wait, he would be right back,, and out to his truck David went , and armed himself with, one small 18" white wooden cross, a tri-fold brochure about that little wooden cross, of and about "The Cross " Ministry... walked back into the Waffle House, and set down,, The girl asked him, "what is this?", He explained only a little,, then told her, I ask you to just go home, even though you don't believe in God,, read this brochure and hammer this little cross in the front of your yard,, that is all I ask you to do, and I will say no more! Will you do it? The one girl agreed,, the others would not say..so David left...
Now a week or two passed,,, David went back into that Waffle House , to eat, and that same wait-tress was working,, she ran to him, and said to David,, "Listen to me,, I went home , I read , and I hammered that little cross in my yard, and as I was finishing with that hammer,, something happen to me, I had this feeling of warmth, of love, of ,,oh so much, I felt God run all over my body,, sir,, I am a believer in that God you talked about,, He is now my God, and yes, now I am a believer ,,, thank you for my cross!" (God had been at work, and slew satan)
David was weak, but sturdy,,, as he knew ,,it was God , not Him, but he was only the delivery man,,, praise God!.. You tell me.. for I already know,, for yes,, more and more Goliath's (satan's workers) can be slain,, by the David's, (the delivery people..),,, will you join us all and help deliver this WORD OF GOD...help and carry your stone,, if not a cross, or whatever, carry the word, on your tongue,, and yes, you,,, then you and I can go out , armed with God in our heart, and Gopd on our topngues and yes we can slay a

GOLIATH ,OR TWO, ALSO!

Thank You , God for this true story, of this day, to be passed on, and on, I pray! amen

John HIcks
WOW! WHAT A STORY ,, WHAT DO YOU THINK? This story was told to me by David just yesterday in my shop, "The Cross Factory",, as he and his wife picked up another 100 crosses to paint, and 50 painted to get back out on the gospel

1 comment:

  1. Thanks John for sharing David's story..."A Quiet Yet Powerful Message"

    ReplyDelete