Wednesday, May 25, 2011

FRIENDS

Wednesday- Yes, it is the ole "hump" day of the week for the workers, for all of us retired, as usual,, I have to say,, well what will I do today? But workers, keep working,, it is great to retire , but take your time, and it will come, in time... slide up to the top and slide down, slowly, enjoy the slide,, but slide with Jesus at your side, and your slide will be smooth and perfect, from start to finish, for He is the "slide", and the "perfect"!

Prayer Request: For the family of Doris Birdwell, who passed away yesterday.. she is the sister of Walter Boyt, one of our friends here.
Update on Christy: Hallelujah,, she ate solid food! A feat in its' own.. may God continue to bless her, and folks, keep the prayer line open and in use.. it is not a slam dunk yet, but better , and better is good!

FRIENDS

Websters definition of the word, friend: A personal, close companion. a noun.
We all have friends,, but are they based on the definition by Webster? I think some are and some are not, some are a noun, that is they are something, and some are a verb.. on the move to anywhere directed to make a good sentence. This word is slung around loosely, just like the saying, I am a Christian. Both of these have to be defined , not by Webster, but by ones-self! Yes , by you! You are the one who says the words, and you are the one who is , not by word , but by actions, you own actions, and these actions will actually tell the truth. Some are the greatest of actors,, and yet some are so real,, true to themselves,, they are both ,, friend and Christian.. a combination of great feat.. one we all must seek.. for we can be friends to others, and Christian to ourselves.. be both , then you definitely have and are with the one and the only one who is really a true friend, and will never falter under any kind of pressure, but cover you with that friendship,,that He calls love.. and this friends name is Jesus.. and we can call and receive Him as our Friend any time, but now is better than later..
Now , after all of this rambling,, are you true friends with those you claim,, and folks that takes , just as Jesus does.. love, much love.. and long lasting with each of those friends.. for today, and I have before,, I claim all who reads this ,, as a friend, and whether you claim me, or not, I claim you,, with love and the sharing of my Savior,, both, for one with the other is none existences,, so come on be my

FRIEND,, and A FRIEND TO OUR JESUS.. CLAIM HIM NOW , NOT LATER!

God , today I thank You for my friends , for I do have dear, dear friends, and thank You for my best of best friend, Jesus.
Lord, I Pray for Your compassion on Joplin , Mo, and that You will touch this forsaken, torn up land, and help all there,, take and hold them in your arms.. amen

John HIcks

No comments:

Post a Comment